Be fearless with Fobio! Cut a basic zipper apart, take off the pull, stitch one side of the zipper tape in straight and flat. With the One-Zip technique, bring the zip ends together and use Joan’s Easy-On technique to easily add one or more zipper pulls to make this lanyard-style key fob. Grab your favorite scraps, some bright zips, extra pulls, then go wild or mild and make a few or a slew!
Fobio zips up to your wrist to secure. Clip to a pouch for an instant wristlet! Pattern includes two sets of key fob hardware. Additional key fob hardware and pliers available from Lazy Girl Designs.
Important Zipper Notes:
– All zipper tape and pulls must be by the same manufacturer to work together. Example: only use YKK pulls with YKK zips. Some Coats & Clark zips are actually by Talon and will say so on the zipper pull or package.
– The One-Zip technique works with polyester, all-purpose, basic apparel zippers (size #3 or #4.5) by YKK, Coats & Clark, or Talon brands.
– One-Zip technique does not work with invisible, metal, sport weight or Sullivan’s brand zippers.
– Test zips and pulls to make sure they work together before installation.
– Extra YKK brand zip pulls (size #3) available from Atkinson Designs item ATK520 work with Atkinson Designs or YKK brand zips.
– Rotary cut project, no pattern pieces provided.
– Use 100% cotton quilting weight fabric.